QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Nanowrimo 2010... We brake for youthful enthusiasm

[kitteh content]

This was a weird Nano cause I lost my job early in the month. So I was free to write (and it was Minion's first nano), but there was a lot of emotional kookiness. And it wasn't long after that everything in my life started to go dooown dooown dooown. But--now they're going up up up! So... everything changes. Accept accept accept.

One continuity year to year: The sore butt.















3 comments:

Skye said...

I'm still so amused that Minion sucks on your fingers, and that you allow it! (Ah, the liberties we allow our furry companions ....)

I assume the "youthful enthusiasm" you refer to is Minion's. You aren't exactly one foot in the grave, missy! :)

widdershins said...

It wasn't until I saw my first snowfall that I truly understood that silence that happens, that I'd only read about until then.

This flashback looks familiar ... have we known each other for this long, I wonder?

BarbN said...

My idea completely died. I'm trying to decide if I should just quit (only 5,000 words in), or if I should come up with something new and put further effort into it. The problem is my idea is so NOT compelling that I keep forgetting about it. Two or three days will go by when I don't even think about Nano. This is very unlike me.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}