QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Nanowimo 2008: Giv'n'er

This month I'm going to share with you some of my blog posts from my previous nano months. Some years I created non-nano content in advance and posted that, and... those are boring to re-read. It's much funner to see someone being tortured for 30 days. Lesson Learned

2008
[minor cat content]






(Deaner explains what "givner" means in the movie FUBAR)





4 comments:

Robena Grant said...

Yep, I'd like the Barbara Cartland approach. My biggest issue with marathon writing is my lower back and how I twist myself into a pretzel without realizing it. The only way I can write these days is to pace myself. Pacing oneself and NaNo do not mix. : )

Skye said...

I love your pictures into your past Nano experiences!

Maybe someday I'll be able to do Nano. The fact that I have a first draft novel under my belt now may help. I want to completely finish it before I take on Nano.

Continued best wishes on this year's Nano to you!

widdershins said...

I think if I wrote like Babs, I'd drive my secretary nuts... "Can we go back three pages and change that word ... um ... which word was it again? ... actually it was ... Oh, I just had a great idea for scene 12."

... torturing someone thusly would only be fun for a while.

London Mabel said...

@Robena - In a way I'm using Nano to learn to pace myself. Cause in the past I'm always VERY slow at the beginning, and then make like a monkey at the end. I'm trying to write ALL ALONG this time. That's probably a more important goal this time, really, than the 50 000.

@Skye - I do believe in continuing work on one's current WIP over doing nano. Nanos is for fun! or new projects.

@Widder - Yes and Widdercat would be no help. We know cats. "Two pages back? O I deleted that already. It was terrible."

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}