QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, March 30, 2012

Fernando Sings the Blue

I've mentioned before that Fernando and I do two frequent things with our kittehs. One, we speak for them in first person (firstcat). Second, we sing to them. Here's a sample of both, as performed by Fernando when I was writing yesterday's blog. I got as many lyrics as I quickly could.

Minion singing after being reprimanded for chasing Haley...

i gotta make you cry

so i can laugh

im a calico

so you better watch your step

out to have fun at your expense

i get my way

you better run

beause im calico

im a calico baby

and that's alright

ba dum bum bum ba ba ba bum...

Fernando's song, as he picked up Minion (who likes to bite or scratch his face, when she's in a nutty mood.)

theres a kitty

she comes from far away

she scratches my face

but i love her anyway

she's a troublemaker

trooouuublemaaaaker!

Oh yeah! Gimme some soul!

5 comments:

Robena Grant said...

This made me laugh. And I totally sang the words. Probably not to your tune, or Fernado's, but it was fun anyway.

Skye said...

Have the kitties forgiven you for being gone yet?

That was some great singing; I could totally hear it in my head!

Simone said...

"Gimme some soul!"

Love it!

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

lol - That was good. Maybe Fernando needs to be a lyricist. Those beat some of the sappy crap I've heard lately.

London Mabel said...

@Robena Glad you sang along. Minion would appreciate that.

@Skye They seem to have forgiven me right away. Haley comes for her shnoogles, which is the sign for forgiveness. She's finally learned that Mahmmy always comes back. Minion is less finger oriented, but comes to snuggle and knead.

@He cracks me up.

@JJJ Heh heh. I kinda miss that Shmoopy Hits station... it fascinated me.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}