QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Stories, stories everywhere and not a drop to write...

I think most people, not just writers, see Stories wherever they go. Though I think I see characters more than stories, and usually from pop culture.



For example, I was just watching a bunch of Cee-Lo videos, and the Cee-Lo in this video would make an excellent detective. Or the hero of my next romance novel.



And every time Prince does something batshit crazy I think: You can't write this stuff! His latest: He's not letting The Time perform under that name anymore, because he owns it. They've renamed themselves The Original 7ven.



Of course, I've also always wanted to write a romance with Morris Day as the hero. "Why don't you stay awhile? See how it's done!"


Lately Prince has been making comments about how people don't know that HE wrote songs like "Nothing Compares 2 U." He's being all pissy about any song that's ever been recorded by another band. What a hi-lar-ious dude. So needs to be a side character.

   
So how do these "would make a great story/character" flashes present themselves to you?
   

5 comments:

Simone said...

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh Chili Sauce!

Robena Grant said...

You can not have Cee Lo!!!!! I saw him first. : ) I love his personality, his quips. That crazy white cat. He named it Purrfect. How awesome is that? And what about the red silk pajamas? Hah.

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

I've always known he wrote that song. I love the way Sinead O'Connor did it. I had that cassette tape and I played it unnaturally often for too long a time.
I can't envision me writing any of them as characters but I'd love to read the book where you do.

London Mabel said...

@Simone - It's a classic.

@Robena - What's with you possessive women! Just last week Ms Brownlow told me I couldn't have Inspector Foyle. Shaaaaare.

@JJJ - I think the big hits he wrote (Manic Monday, Nothing Compares) it was pretty common knowledge he wrote them. He's just nuts. But I lobes him.

Judie said...

I would love to read a story with these characters. Could be awesome.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}