QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Gawd help me what've I done!

THREEPIO: I'm afraid our furry companion has gone and done something rather rash.

Years ago my husband "Fernando" and I considered moving out to the west coast where my mother, brother, dad and step-mother live. He's a cautious sort of fellow, so didn't think he'd want to until he was more at retirement age. In any case, his plan always went like this:
- I go out west and try to find a job
- Find job, he sends me the cats
- If I have something stable for a couple years, then he comes to join us

Yesterday my dad and I were sort of aimlessly driving about town, and this thought crept into my head... I'm on Vancouver Island... I don't have a job... why not now?

And somehow we both felt like... yes... this is right. So we're giving it a try.

I've spoken before of my Stovetop Method of Making Decisions: That I put certain ideas on the stove, and simmer them on a backburner until they're ready to be eaten. Well it seems the Vancouver Island pot has been busy back there! Cooked faster than I expected.

So that phrase from Threepio has been in my head all evening. I'm afraid we've gone and done something rather rash. ...How fun! But do send me some Good Job Hunting Luckatude.

14 comments:

Megan Coakley said...

How exciting! I have a bit of wanderlust in me that gets firmly tamped down by the many humans attached to my arms. I will send job-finding vibes immediately!

Robena Grant said...

Oh, good for you, London. I'm sending magical, awesome, job finding vibes.
Love that you took the plunge. I've had a few of those rash moments in my life, taken the plunge, and never looked back. It has always worked out. Always. : )

Judie said...

Good Job Hunting Lucatude!!!
How exciting. You can do this!!!

nancy said...

Okay, it's time I told you: The move to London, the decade I spent there?
I'd gotten the gift of a weekend trip there, some strange four-day tour, then wondered why I would go back home when I'd been wanting to experience so much in the UK for so long. So I stayed.
Best thing that ever happened to me, my move to London.
Sorry I ever left again, but that's another story.
I'm so excited for you and very hopeful. Prayers and supportive vibes, all being offered with great enthusiasm.

Nan said...

What a cool adventure, London! I'll be sending lots and lots of job-finding energy your way. Before you know it, you'll be all settled in a new place, cats, Fernando, and all!

Oh, and many, many mercis for promoting my book on your site--you are a sweetheart!

Delia said...

This is very cool. Good luckitude in abundance.

widdershins said...

WOW! WTG! etc ...there's nothing like listening to those inner whispers that say, "Why not!"

ladada said...

Like! Here goes a great adventure, next phase...

Julie said...

Over here on our side? Yes, please.

The excitement is wild and wonderful! Energy darts and fingers crossed for all the most perfect things to appear in exactly the best order.

inkgrrl said...

WOOHOO! Sending lots of job snagging mojo your way!!

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Okay I feel like I'm missing something or putting something in where it shouldn't be.
What are you doing and why is it rash? I associate risk and some fear with the word rash.

BarbN said...

oh, that is so cool. Go, you. Job hunting vibes on their way. And like Julie said, then you'd be over here on our side of the continent!

London Mabel said...

Thank-you everyone!!

JJJ - Oh I just mean... I suddenly turned a vacation at my parent's home into Deciding to Move Here. (Here being 5 provinces from my home in Quebec.) Rash in that we came to the decision rather quickly. :-)

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Gotcha. In that case, good luck.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}