QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Halzebubble

Well, Haley's been having a tough time settling in. I think I introduced her to the animals-infested household too quickly. She's wolverbeaned my mum once, and me twice. I mean the Real Wolverbean, where she turns into a tasmanian devil on your arm or leg. She seems to have bruised my knuckle, which hurts when I curl my fingers.

Yesterday I left her enclosed in my bedroom most of the time, so she could calm down and feel secure and catch up on her sleep. As of this morning she's her old sweet self. Even followed Mystery the Cat around a bit, without hissing.

But Fernando has some time off work and says he feels up to sending her home. So Monday I'll meet up with my dad and send Haley off for her last stressful trip. I hope she doesn't get too upset integrating with Minion--hopefully the happiness of seeing Daddy will offset the "SHE is still here??"ness.

In other news, my mother bought me a cool purse for my upcoming birthday: The Juneberry Bag. You can change how the straps are worn, and change the covers! Super cute.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy and safe travels, once you're back on the road.

Also? That bag is SO interesting! Must go spend more time on the site. (We do love our carry-bags, don't we?)

Julie
(who sends love and healing for your entire tribe)

widdershins said...

Poor Haley. They really don't do change, do they?

Widdercat goes into a self-induced hibernation if we do a big spring clean. We get the 'stoopid 'ommans. Wake me when you've restored peace in my realm' look and she disappears.

London Mabel said...

@Urthalun - Thanks!

@Widders - She's used to the other cat now, but the dogs are another question.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}