QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, April 18, 2014

Vibes

Today was my last day of work. I tried to catch as many regular customers, and volunteers, as I could to say goodbye. One of my work-friends arranged a goodbye party for me at a restaurant and I had a great time, and then it was more hugs and saying goodbye to everyone. Thanks to Mme Miroir I'm a PRO at hugging now--it's like she had me in training all year just for this moment! I've had SO many well wishes, I feel like things can't possibly go badly--there is way too much positive vibes zipping around!

Honestly I was humbled by it all. And I tried to find a song that expresses how I'm feeling, but couldn't. And finally realized it's because I believe what Oscar Wilde once wrote: "Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."

So instead I looked for my most favorite most frivolous song at the moment.


3 comments:

Skye said...

It's so great to have all those people happy to have had you in their lives and sorry to see you going and willing to celebrate your next step. And hugs are a good thing: I think they transmit the energy of love and caring and positive things.

widdershins said...

Ah, transitions. The stuff of legends!

London Mabel said...

I do feel very lucky.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}