QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Thinglies

Ugh, this packing is taking me forever. Packing into boxes I can do; packing into a limited-space-car is this weird strategy / triage process, making me mental.

And it's not like I've got a bunch of old shit I'm tired of and happy to get rid of--that stuff is all back in Montreal. And I'm quite attached to my new thinglies. As I've explained to people before (and maybe here)--at least half the furnishings etc that I own are hand-me-downs; or things I bought at cheap department stores near where I live--stuff without a lot of personality.

Now I just have this desire to be surrounded by things I love. And I've been able to collect that sort of eclectic mix at frugal prices. Aaaaand am desperately trying to bring it all back to Montreal!

In other news, Mme Miroir will be happy to learn that my dad is coming with me as far as Edmonton. He wants to go road tripping with me, and visit his sisters, and then fly back. I originally rejected him because I couldn't give up the front seat, but he's offered to ship back that equivalent. But since I'm visiting my mum first, I'll be going to Vancouver on my own and then will pick him up on the way out.

...Surrounded by people, cats and things I love. Montreal 2014.

____

Hozier "Take Me to Church"


3 comments:

Skye said...

I totally understand roadtripping with a car packed to the gills! I don't remember how many times we packed my car to fit in all I wanted to take!

I hope it's fun having your dad along for part of the trip. Tripping alone has its own charms, but can get old. And at least you stuff will still get home!

Yay for Montreal-bound!

London Mabel said...

I was even thinking: I need Skye to tell me how to do this!

But it's pretty much done now. Just cleaning up the place, fitting the last odd object or two. Then getting used to driving with no rearview mirror. ;-)

widdershins said...

And at any time along the way you can stop and post a box or two to yourself ... cos you never know when you might need to make extra room for those thinglies you come across on the road!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}