QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, April 7, 2014

Hit the road, Mabel

Last week I gave notice at work, last day Friday April 25. My coworkers have it planned for us to go out the 24th--it's earlier than everyone realized, my leaving. I guess when I said I was leaving in May they assumed I'd be leaving work in May.

Originally I was going to then take a week to pack up here, and then stay in Vancouver a few days with my mum, and then hit up a couple aunts and my sister in law and maybe a friend on the way home. But I'm accelerating the schedule. Fernando's not doing too well. I gotta get home. I'll probably leave my work notice as is, cause that way I end with the pay period--will have one final full paycheque, as well as vacation pay.

But my plan now is to have a garage sale on the 26th, then hit the road and burn rubber. I'll probably only stop at my aunt's in Edmonton--rather than aunt in Edmonton, and sister in law in Calgary. It's a three hour drive between the two cities and not the right way--it's north-south and I'm heading west to east. I won't stop in Toronto to see Gilby either, cause that's another detour off the Trans Canada highway.

So I've got to start packing. Bit tricky cause I'm not sure how much I can fit in my car. Might just have to start packing and drive around town with my stuff, lol.

I hadn't planned on doing much tourism along the road home, anyway. I know myself too well. I would have to be in a vacation frame of mind, with proper money etc. to enjoy dipseedoodling around. This isn't a vacation.

But I have been trying to think how I could make the drive home touristy amusant, at the very least. Like, try to find the most boring towns in Canada to overnight in. Or find the lamest roadside attractions to stop and photograph. The top 10 most boring scenery shots. I'll let you know what I dream up.



5 comments:

widdershins said...

Hopefully by 'Fernando not doing well' you mean he has a head cold and is missing you, and nothing more serious.

Simone said...

Why is Fernando not doing well?

London Mabel said...

Severe depression again. Maybe triggered by. Work shenanigans, I'm not sure.

fernando milligan said...

fernando is a pussy

fernando milligan said...

why are there no real men anymore ?

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}