QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, July 2, 2012

Music: You need to hear Jar of Hearts

Since I posted about The Voice recently (reality shows as storytelling) I thought I'd share some music today. Performances from Am Idol are rarely buy-able, cause the studio versions suck. But the Voice tracks are great.

I'd never heard "Jar of Hearts" but semi-finalist Katrina Parker made me lurv it.

(I can't embed the live version, it's here.)

Second place winner Juliet Simms "This is a Man's World"

(Live here.)

Winner Jermaine Paul - Open Arms

(Live here. And here is his duet with Blake Shelton on "Soul Man." They turned the tables and Jermaine coached him how to sing soul, which is why they're laughing after Blake adds in a "ha!")

Semi-finalist Jamar Rogers. I only felt meh about this song until this version.

(There's no live video of his solo performance of it.)

I just LOVE him. He has a hip hop look, but he's an amazing rocker and interpreter.

   

4 comments:

robena grant said...

Love the show. Thanks for the memories. My mom loved the Aussie version with Seal and Keith Urban as two of the judges. Can't wait for next season.

lora96 said...

don't watch it but christina perri came out with jar of hearts a couple years ago and it is just searing and gorgeous. you have great taste, in other words.

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Somethings happening and I can't watch or listen. Love the Christina Perri version of Jar of Hearts.

London Mabel said...

@Robena - I love Keith Urban. I get the impression the winner from there has become a big hit.

@lora - I looked up the original after the show, and it is indeed beautiful. What a song.

@JJJ - Maybe the heat down there melted the youtubes. :-(

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}