QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Faster, writey-cat, faster!

Alright, tonight (written Monday) I strictly checked my writing time to see my speed. Not the procrastination phase, but the actual opening Scrivener and writing. I averaged 950 words/hour. This brings me to the first level of Rachel Aaron's writing speed. But to get to her level, I'd need to be able to write 2000 words per hour.

!!

2 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

I'm just happy to be writing everyday.
With the quotas that I don't make at work, if I had quotas at home, I'd be nuts.
Obviously this is helpful for you, though, and that's what counts.

London Mabel said...

Oh oui, to each their own process! :-) And writing regularly, all the regular year through, is the most important thing.

You might find it fun to try one year, though, if only because there's a certain nutty exhilaration to it. Especially if you're like me and leave too much at the end!! Then it's really fun. But I didn't do it while in school, or last year. It has to be the right time. ;-)

[And, you know... no peer pressure. I hate peer pressure.]

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}