QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, November 8, 2012

My current writing corner

I'm trying to write at this wee desk, cause if I sit in bed I can get sleepy.


Here's my lovely Scrivener. I like to open pics of the characters (or room etc) on the left hand side, or sometimes my notes; and then my book on the right. And in the "inspector" I keep track of writing times, word count, and character names... the latter because when I get really tired I forget everyone's names.

Since I like to burn a candle when writing I bought this tacky little candle holder at work (the thrift store.) It's perfect except for the baseball. There should be a cat instead. I'm going to have to turn the baseball into a cat. But the books, tea and computer--all good.


Supplies: contigo mug, Reese's cups, gum to clean my teeth after Reese's cups, headphones for music, and hard drive for backing up. (Remember to do backups!)

My new muses (also from my store.) The Boss, and a Maneki-neko.

The Excel word count sheet--click on it to see the projected date when I'll finish. It's December! lol

And finally, last month I found a new symbol for my "Work in Progress" icon in my dock. Writer Snoopy! "It was a dark and stormy night. A shot rang out. A pirate ship loomed on the horizon..."

   

7 comments:

Grant said...

Cute! Write well and prosper!

Julie said...

I LOVE the miniature desk/candle holder/book shelf treasure! Hmm, now I'm going all crafty-minded and trying to figure out how to change that baseball into something (okay, fine, maybe a damn cat). Glue a bead on top and just color the entire thing in with a Sharpie perhaps? I know, molding clay like Fimo for ears!

All caught up now, nothing more to see here, move along, back to your writing, all of you NaNo-ers, or similarly leaning types. I'm off the couch, going in search of my pom-poms, the better to cheer you all.

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

I love your candleholder. And, in fact, your whole writing area rocks.
Keep those words flowing lady!

Skye said...

What a lovely writing area! I have a desk, but it's covered in paper and stuff (and this after I had an organizer; oh the shame!), so I write on the couch, which is becoming less comfortable to write on. I love your little candle holder. I also vote for Fimo for the kitty: doesn't it air-dry?

Yay for the writing! (I'm just a cheerleader this year. Maybe someday I'll be able to handle NaNo.)

inkgrrl said...

It's wee but it's nice! Don't let the spreadsheet numbers get to you - I'm not nanoing nearly as hard as I need to be to finish on time. Seems I need adrenalin and a deadline I'm almost too late for to get my wordcount above 1000/day. So expect to hear me chortling about all those lovely pages full of story in about a week LOL.

London Mabel said...

@Grant - merci. But the chair's a bit uncomfortable! I do forget, though, if the writing's going well.

@Julie - Oh Julie, I am touched that you would think cat for me, especially in your weakened state. What a good friend you are! Fimo's a great idea. And my stepmother paints, so I should be able to just paint the body part.

@JJJ - I'm not where I should be yet, word count wise. But I'll keep plugging away huff puff...

@Skye - I've used oven dry Fimo, but surely there's air dry too? Must find out.

@inkgrrl - Good luck! We shall prevail!!

widdershins said...

Baseball morphs into a cat ... yes!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}