QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, November 12, 2012

Won't injure your TBR

The final Aya books are soon out in English!

Aya of Yop City is a series of graphic novels about a studious 19 year old woman in an Ivory Coast city, and her various friends, and their families. It's so funny, and gets better as it goes along and you get into the characters. Plus: Graphic novel--doesn't take long to read! So won't injure your TBR pile too severely.

They published the first three French tomes as one book: Life in Yop City...


...and now they're publishing the final three: Love in Yop City.


This is a series I want to own, cause it's definitely re-readable. There's so much going on, and the pictures are gorgeous. I think they're putting them out in one French volume soon, but I'll get the English one so I can try and push it on people. Read this! Maybe if I leave it laying around at work... and I think Harvey would love it.




2 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Going to have to seriously consider this for Kat, my gdaughter.

London Mabel said...

I tried to find the "age level" thingy -- one site says 13 and up.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}