QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, November 17, 2012

What the discerning 300 lbs biker is listening to these days

Watching Hart of Dixie and Nashville has me in a country mood these days. Well, pop and rock country, anyway.

I bought my first Lucinda Williams album cause I was standing in line to buy something, saw an album by this woman I didn't know, and the review sticker compared her to a female Keith Richards. I had to buy it. The top comment on one of these videos is "I am the 300 pound biker up front at her concerts bawling my eyes out."


If we lived in a world without tears
How would heartbeats know when to stop?






RobinElla


Alison Krauss & Union Station


Keith Urban


Dixie Chicks




5 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

There's some juice in country music right now. I have some stuff in my current soundtrack, too. Including - Ai'nt ya baby by Miranda Lambert and Better Dig Two by The Band Perry.
Keith Urban is gorgeous. Don't you know Nicole must push that hair back out of those gorgeous eyes several times a day.

Skye said...

I love the Dixie Chicks! They are so much fun. I should probably buy an album of theirs sometime so I can listen to them when I want to, easily, without searching through YouTube.

Yes, J, J, J, Keith Urban is hot. Very, very hot. But think of the whisker burn! :)

widdershins said...

Wonderful playlist to have with me mornin' cuppa!

inkgrrl said...

You've got some delish taste in music, lady!

London Mabel said...

@JJJ - I'll look those up. (Poor Nicole.)

@Skye - The Chicks are great... there's a lot of fight in their songs.

@widders - I'm glad you was entertained.

@inkgrrl - Oh why thank you! :-)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}