QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, August 26, 2011

The Perils of Working From Home

Successful first day/training-meeting day at work yesterday. Now I'm trying to get some work done at home, but this thing is trying to sleep on my mouse trackpad. And making me really hot to boot. Reminds me of that great TV ad where the guy is working from home and his cat jumps up on the desk just as he ends a conference call, and he's all "How can I get any work done when my boss is so cute and fluffy eh?"


5 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

cute

When I first read your blogpost title I thought it said 'the PENIS of working at home'.

My mind is in a weird place today.

widdershins said...

Too cyoot!!!

London Mabel said...

@JJJ - lol My old blog was A Trivial Buttonhole and my brother said he ALWAYS read Butthole. The brain does love it's little jokes.

@widder - You're so cyoot with your funny spellings!

widdershins said...

LOL ... I owe it all to I Can Haz Cheezburger ... of which I valiantly resisted becoming addicted to for an impressive number of years, but alas, in the end I succumbed to pictures of adorable kittens, overlord and overlady cats, and clever captions. Le sigh!

BrotherPaul said...

It eventually morphed into Trivial Butanehole... my mind is an odd and wondrous place.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}