QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

weekend kitties - late edition!

finger calloused by suckitude

new sucking yoga position


followed by martial arts training

Pic sent to a friend earlier this week: Kitteh Demon Hunter!









But one must relax outside one's favorite tree too (you can't see it, but she can hear and smell it.)

KITTEH SHENANIGANS

Sitting on the couch and heard the usual Suspicious Noise in kitchen.
 I've been too bleh to install the child lock on the tea cabinet, but have been keeping the bread in the fridge. But I hadn't thought she could open a croissant container.

But the technique is simple really.

Knock it over.
 Croissant lid pops open.
Croissants ready for kitty-sumption.
   
Turned out it was a tag team effort. When I returned to the living room to eat my meal, there was Hazelbub one foot from my plate, cleaning her fur in a very suspicious Post Meal Fur Cleaning manner.

 Must recharge evil batterehs now.


                    

5 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Your cats have strong personalities. I like that in a cat. My cat, Bernie is an outdoor cat. He is a killer of squirrels, birds, mice and voles. One day he'll kill me, too because he likes to walk in front of me.

widdershins said...

Ebil Kittehs Rool!!!

London Mabel said...

So ebil. Killing owners and stealing croissants.

Anonymous said...

Leaving aside all the kitteh shenangans, the pic with EM and the curtain swags is positively art gallerish. Well done on the fantastic pic - or is it that you were catipulated into taking it? Did she wait until you were in a particular moment with camera in hand and then strike exactly "Le Pose"?

Mom

London Mabel said...

Oh, lol, no. I took it with the computer's camera. I think I turned around and she was there, and I thought: Must show the folks EM's spot! I didn't move the computer, it's just sitting on my desk. Those are the old worn old sheet-curtains from your dad's house even--one pulled up over the bookcase to let in the breeze. Now you know the artlessness behind my genius.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}