QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Random Neural Firings post

Kinda tired today, been an odd week though in a good way. Got a headache though so I should go to bed before it gets worse.

This week a ginormous hunk of concrete tunnel roof collapsed in a Montreal tunnel. And everyone's fussing because the opposition leader had to take a break cause his cancer is back and his interim leader used to be a member of the Bloc Quebecois. And all summer the Parti Quebecois' been in turmoil but the English news hasn't been tracking it really, so I haven't a flying notion what's going on and haven't gotten into finding out yet--other than some members defecting. Basically there's all kinds of craziness and I'm all "Wha? Wha??" And meanwhile half the western economies are collapsing...

I'm mad about this infrastructure BS though. We pay a lot of taxes in Quebec, and where the eff does it go? There's so much corruption, everyone's pissed.

Aw frak it all, I'm off to bed.

      

2 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Sounds like some time curled up in fetal position under the covers is warranted.
Maybe build a cover fort and hide out for a while until you can face things.
I do that whenever I get a chance - admittedly not often.

London Mabel said...

Well, I needed to on a physical level at least! I slept for 11 hours, and was still tired when I woke up! And today I got up for a few hours, then went back to bed for a nap. But since then I've felt fresh as a daisy.

But my out-of-it-ness was because of a small-maybe-but-very-interesting-work opportunity that I had focused my energies on. But no point blogging it cause nothing's finalized one way or another yet! :-)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}