QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, June 11, 2012

Dolly & Lilly

Fave albums in 2011

I finally decided to give in to a Dolly Parton box set (minus the box) this year. As one of the most successful female songwriters ever, she deserved it. The song I spent the most time with was one my dad used to have on a mixed 8 track! It's a fine example of her talent, both in lyric and melody.

All you gotta do is smile and smile
And there go all my defenses






Lily Allen - It's Not Me, It's You - I'm not sure which song is my favorite, "Fuck You" which so jolly-fully expresses how one feels about bigots (except, well ok, I don't hate anyone); or "Not Fair" about a guy who's perfect in every way except he's selfish in bed. Lily Allen just puts it all on the table, but in a silly way as opposed to a "I fall upon the thorns of life I bleed" way.

Do you really enjoy living a life that's so hateful?
Cause there's a hole where your soul should be
Your losing control of it and it's really distasteful
Fuck you
Fuck you very, very much




Not fair

2 comments:

Robena Grant said...

I'm always impressed and amused by your music choices. Love it. : )

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

I love Lily Allen. I have several songs by her on my ipod.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}