QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, June 4, 2012

Occidental Soldier

Fave music in 2011

"I'm an Occidental Woman in an Oriental Mood for Love" - Mae West - She's an occidental woman singing an orientalist song. But can we forgive it because it's Mae West? She was a pretty enlightened lady.


"Soldier Take Over" - Yellowman - Oh dancehall music... I'm forced to hide your sexism and homophobia from my conscience so I can lurv Yellowman. What can I do? My mother used to blast reggae when we all got ready for school in the morning.
He said “shut your mouth before you feel me Remington”

him kick away me foot and he box me inna me face

He box me inna me face and him kick away me foot

He said “Red Boy I don't love how you look”

and with a left, right...

2 comments:

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

it's so hard

London Mabel said...

Sometimes political correctness needs to hide behind the couch while I enjoy a song.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}