QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, June 18, 2012

Tarrus & Princey

Fave music in 2011 - I think this is the last post! And it should bring us 'round about the one year anniversary since my first Prince concert. ;-)

Tarrus Riley - Parables - I thoroughly worked my way through Riley's newer album, so I bought an older one. I'm still discovering it, but I love putting him on and just letting the gorgeosity wash over me.
"Something Strong"





PRINCE

My husband treated me to two Prince concerts this year. The first was my first Prince concert, and it was up close and personal--a small club, for the Montreal Jazz Fest. Then Princeo made a second pass, this time as part of his official tour, so my husband took me for Christmas. So I got the stadium experience. And Fernando came too, and finally we've made a Prince fan out of him.

So... my top fave Princey discoveries in 2011.

Laydown
From the heart of Minnesota
Here come the purple Yoda


And by a Prince-related band
Blue Limosine by Apollonia 6 (written by Prince) - It's got that great Purple Rain era Minneapolis Sound.


When Eye Lay My Hands On U - Some of the most poetic smut anyone's ever penned. (Shared below, because Prince's lyrics aren't always this good.)
I will touch thee in the softest manner
Like "Europa" in the hands of Santana.


The message you're about to hear is not meant for transmission
Should only be accessed in the privacy of your mind
Words are intense so my dear if you dare to listen
Take off your clothes
And meet me between the lines

Are you ready for the touch that makes you go insane
Breast to lips to cheek to mane
I'll pull your hair, you'll feel no pain
Are you ready for the only forever we'll both obtain
The only joy in this forsaken game
You'll feel ashamed and ordained
When I lay my hands on you

The touch you're about to feel is the one you've been wishin' for
It's been here like an echo inside your space and time
It's about to get freaky cause the places that I'll be kissin'
Are the places that no other man could ever find
Oh wind up ready for...

Are you ready for the touch...

Nobody knows
Like I knows
Where the deepest part of your river flows
Snap Snap
Undo these nylon hose
Around your thigh my finger goes slowly
Like a cat tip-toes
Until I reach the capstone
I will touch thee in the softest manner
Like Europa in the hands of Santana

Are you ready for the touch...

2 comments:

widdershins said...

Phew! ... is it hot in here, or just the music?

London Mabel said...

Seriously.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}