QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

From a Jeddah street to a Virginian livingroom

For those who liked the Oliver Stories, here's the story of Jeddah. Rescued from the streets of Saudi Arabia by a non-cat-person!

In the hotel, dirty and injured.

At the Saudi vet, visited every two days by her hero Sam.

At home in Virginia, with her fave guy.

Forever Home.
   

5 comments:

Robena Grant said...

Awww, that is one well loved cat. When I was a newly wed we took in a little stray black and white kitten. She lived to be fifteen and was THE GREATEST CAT evah. I still miss her and she's been gone nearly 20 years.

Judie said...

This made me smile. I needed a smile today. Thanks!!!

widdershins said...

We all need smilez like this. Gives me a little bit more hope to add to the small stock I have in my hope cupboard ... right next to the herbs and spices rack.

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Sweet. And what a cutie.

London Mabel said...

There's a lot of bad in the world, but there's lots of good too.

This kitty's body type looks like Minion's when she was young... probably why the story made me all mushy.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}