QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, December 7, 2012

And a little stuffed bull

Did you guys ever see Dr Katz, Therapist? It was a cartoon that alternated between the home life of a therapist and his grown son, and his work life with his patients. The patients were all comedians doing their schtick. But I thought the home scenes, between Katz and the lovable deadbeat Benjamin, were the funniest bits.

This is my fave episode, which begins with Benjamin discovering his beloved childhood stuffed bull in the garbage skip! And ends with Dr Katz' shocked realization of just what he's done, while singing on stage. ...And Ray Romano as patient is very funny.

...This is a bit what it's like living with my parents again. A mixture of bickering, good times, and stuffed animals.



I should learn this song for our Chara Parrot.
   

3 comments:

Judie said...

Dang it - people showed up early for work. I will have to see the clip tonight.

Moving back home can be difficult. I tried it once. Enjoy the good times, it will get you through the bickering. :)

London Mabel said...

In fairness to my parents, there's not too much bickering--we get along pretty well. ;-)

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

My mom and I definitely bicker sometimes.
It's hard.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}