QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, December 15, 2012

"With pain the world paves us over" - Bruce Cockburn

Let me pause my "12 Days" series for a moment, cause I'm pretty sure there's just one thing on my American friends' minds right now. (And in Canadian news, this year our government disbanded and destroyed the long gun registry, which was created because of a shooting that happened when I was a teenager.) And if this gives you hope, and online proposal for the US to create a Death Star made its 25 000 signature criteria today, which means the White House has to respond. I figured there had to be at least that many in favor of stricter gun control! (Over 60 000 so far. A gun in every classroom is still a little ways off goal.)

Here are different songs, depending on what you might need today...



Life Affirming but OFF TOPIC


Life Affirming but on topic
Damn you country, so good at killing


And because I was curious...



Still Angry / Sad
Let me speak
Let me spit out my bitterness


Feeling the tipping point on this issue...
The people have the power
To redeem the work of fools

   

No comments:

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}