QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Music 2012

Since I love covers, I love Christmas music. I didn't buy a lot this year, but here are some I'm enjoying...

Have you heard Matisyahu? He's a really good ska-reggae rapper. I love his new Hanukkah song.


Cee Lo with the Muppets. Look for my Voice fave Jamar on the far right, in the red cap. He's the only Voice member showing the appropriate level of enthusiasm for sharing the stage with the Muppets!! (But he's always like that.)


Cee Lo also collab'd on "Merry Christmas Baby" with Rod Stewart. It's good cheesy fun, as one would expect from these two.


But Rod's album also has "We Three Kings" with Mary J Blige, and it's a lovely arrangement! No fromage.


Regina Spektor's "December"




2 comments:

Judie said...

I must remember to sign on at home tonight so I can listen to these.

For me it was the year of Sound Tracks. I don't know why but that's what I've enjoyed listening to.

London Mabel said...

:-)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}