QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, December 22, 2012

I got it thrift! Christmas edition

I have more Christmas ornaments that I can use on one tree, but our first Christmas with Minion taught us that she sees the tree as one big cat toy. I didn't mind her attacks on the tree, which hit its apex when I woke one day to find her hanging out in the top of it...



But she eats lights! Occasionally the lights would go out and I'd inevitably find some mauled up socket.

So this year I sought out soft ornaments, or ones without little pieces for her to break off and accidentally swallow. And the next time we have an xmas together I'll build a new Minion Safe cat toy tree for her to destroy.

Since we sell most ornaments as just big grab bags of stuff, I picked out the bags that contained a couple ornaments I wanted...








And then some of the other things I might keep...



What's fun about thrift ornaments is you get every style. Like CUTE...

HOLY...

HOMEMADE...

and WTF WHY DOES THIS ANGEL HAVE A PUSHUP BRA??


I also got lots of cute cards. In fact, there was a large number of cat and dog themed cards, just perfect for the kinds of people I know!





3 comments:

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

Nice xmas haul. Go you!

Robena Grant said...

Yay! I've been so worried about staying at my daughter's place and cat-sitting. They have a big tree. Hope by the time I get there the cats are used to it and I don't wake up at 2am to an awful crash. : )Love the idea of the "cat appropriate" decorations.

Happy holidays to you and your readers!

London Mabel said...

Hope the catsitting was tree-incident-free!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}