QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Trying to slog my way out of 2012...

I've been pretty tuned out this month. Tired. Behind on emails and writing group and blog reading... I can only surmise that the stress of this past year is still working its way out of my system.

Though nothing's official yet, I've been told they're keeping me at my job (at the thrift store.) So that might help me relax a bit. Nice job, nice people, having an income... maybe I'll settle down a bit.

I've been taking a "go with the flow" approach to life this year. Trying to have few expectations, take opportunities as they come. Now I have to decide whether that will be my approach in 2013 as well. Or maybe I don't have to decide. Maybe I just go with the flow. ;-)

I only set one actual goal this year, which was to read 100 books--cause I usually read about 50. So this month I've been working on hitting that mark, and I'm almost there!

It helped that for Christmas (23rd-26) I went to my mum's in Vancouver. That meant 3 hours of travel time in which to read, and 3 hours back again. And the internet connection where she now is (her house is sold, she's staying with a friend for now) -- the internet connection is TERRIBLE. And she doesn't have any TV cable set up yet. So I read read read.

I read two Regency romances while there, and I'm half-way through a third (Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake.) I have 1/5th of a Meg Cabot to finish, 1/2 of a Ruth Rendell, and to finish skim reading the Brene Brown. Or I can finish re-reading Cyrano, which is short. And then I'll be done! So I'm confident I'll meet my goal. (It helps that all the TV shows are on Christmas break.)




5 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Wow - admirable goal and you did it (or will shortly). Awesome.

Skye said...

I hope that the stress and its effects continue to dissipate. And I think it's wonderful that you are going to hit your book goal. Take care!

Robena Grant said...

Fabulous! I'm also an avid reader. I'm catching up on my list while
cat-sitting. : )
I say go with the flow, but stay aware and something will surface.

widdershins said...

Bravo! We know you can do it!

London Mabel said...

This is the part where, at a party, there'd be a circle around me chanting "Go! Go! Go!"

@Robena - I like your advice, thanks.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}