QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, February 2, 2013

12 Days of 2012 - 12 - Music to Cry or Dance By

Okay my last Loved in 2012 Music.

Reflective Songs You know... the kind they play on Parenthood.

Walk away now
And you're gonna start a war


These are not my people
I should never have come here


Also:
* Let It Be Me - Ray LaMontagne
* You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You're Gone - Miley Cyrus
* Our Hearts Are Wrong - Jessica Lea Mayfield
* Goddess of Change - Joan Armatrading

Dance Songs

Yes, all Flo Rida's videos are about bikinis. What can I say, he's from Florida. I bought his album and the whole thing is just pure FUN. (My two other top picks from the album: "Let It Roll" and "Whistle.")


Apparently I prefer the sellout version of Maroon 5. Listened to lots, including this other dancee tune: "Payphone." (But is this music video a 90s ad for Guess jeans or what?)


Nicki Minaj is still growing, but in the meantime I enjoyed "Starships" and "Pound the Alarm." Love the choreography in this number, and the Cher-worthy outfit.


That's IT. The end of all my Best of 2012-a-tude. Phew! Onto the new year at last...


___ Love Song of the Day___

"Shakin' Hands" by Sera Cahoone

Ever tried to get the attention of someone you're nutty about?

I been shakin' these hands all night
All I wanna do is just talk with you

Listen here



2 comments:

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

enjoyed your end of the year wrap up.
love the sera cahoone song

London Mabel said...

Re Cahoone - I straight away could identify with it!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}