QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sweet sounds and a broken needle

I threaded my sewing machine for the first time... got out some scrap fabric... starting sewing... and five stitches in the needle broke against the plate. lol. Google says the needle might be in wrong. Guess I'm buying some needles tomorrow!

 

____LOVE SONGS OF THE DAY____

Feb 7 - By all rights this song ought to be cheesy; but Marvin Gaye set it to such a beautiful melody, I feel healed just listening to it.

 

Feb 8 - And the Commodores' tribute to Marvin Gaye and Jackie Wilson is equally beautiful--I love how the titles of their songs are worked into the lyrics. A love song to friends, and to music.

Marvin, sang of the joy and pain

He opened up our minds

And I still can hear him say

Talk to me, so you can see, what's going on

 

5 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Gonna read and comment in a few but first:
OT – nominated you (along with 10 others) for The Versatile Blogger award. See my blog for details.

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Sexual Healing is a great song. I remember a night...nuff said.

widdershins said...

If it's an old needle it could'a been a bit bent.

I reckon anyone of a certain age bracket probably made out to that song!

Delia said...

It broke against the plate? Were you using the zigzag function? Because it shouldn't even touch the plate otherwise. Maybe you hit a pin? For the record, I hate having sewing machine problems. Hence my need to immediately solve yours. :)

London Mabel said...

@JJJ & Widders - I don't think I've ever made out to it! But then I favor Prince.

@Delia - My work friend (who gave it to me) asked the same thing. I was doing a regular ole straight stitch. But it fell over in the trunk of her car when her husband was bringing it, so I wonder if it got misaligned a bit? She brought me some new needles so I'll reboot this sucker and let you know how it goes.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}