QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Sunday, February 3, 2013

London Overextended Mabel

Nothing deep to say. I'm falling behind in my blog and email reading as I spend more and more time world building for my novel(s). I'd probably better write something soon, cause world building can go on for-ev-ah. And it's a new month which means I'd better rejoin JJJ's writing challenge.

I set my reading "challenge" this year for 40 books, based on the fact that I read 3 in January. Hopefully I can do more writing this year, rather than reading. Cut back on television, you say? And what, pray tell, should I cut? Downton Abbey when the middle sister is getting her feminist on? The new romance between Annabeth and Lavon on Hart of Dixie? Nashville when the guitarist has just joined the tour?! New Girl after this week's kiss??!!

Where was I?

I've also decided to take up sewing. Where am I going to find time for a new hobby? "Overextended" isn't my middle name but it should be.

____SONG OF THE DAY____

Ahh the get-back-together fantasy. It's a classic.



5 comments:

Robena Grant said...

Great song. That woke me up and got me thinking. : )

I've been overextended too, with promo and marketing and learning computer how-to stuff. Yuck! I'm planning on getting back into the WIP this week, my poor London story has been pouting in the wings for months.

widdershins said...

I'm considering cutting down on my Bejeweled Twist playing ... maybe ... soon --- ish!

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

I had gotten into a really bad tv time-suck habit. I appear to have kicked it. Down to 2/12 hours of tv that I plan on watching. And 1 1/2 of that wasn't on this week.
You may feel overextended but sometimes things feed on each other and it's good.

London Mabel said...

At least it's mostly over-extended in projects for myself, and not anyone else, lol.

Kris said...

Annabeth and Lavon...The New Girl kiss! So much excitement!
School holidays have left me very under-extended which is making me a little depressed and crazy...luckily holidays will be over soon and i'll have school to extend me :-)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}