QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sew you keep saying

I've got my days all mixed up! Didn't realize I didn't post a song for February 5th, so there's two at the bottom.

As mentioned, I've decided to learn to sew, on a machine. I know the basics, but I'd like to know how to do simple projects or clothes. My mother can sew, and I remember her having a sewing table when I was little. She made great costumes and Barbie clothes when money was short*. And I know there was a pin cushion kicking around in her home after the divorce, because my brother kicked it around and we were picking pins out of the carpet for months. But as of grade 4 on we lived with my dad and step-mother and her hobby was flying planes,** so the sewing machine wasn't a part of our day to day.

This might end in something that pintester or craftfail would be proud of (that is to say, crap) but nothing v. nothing g.

_____
* For one of my adult birthdays she made a complete set of Queen Amidala's gowns.

** One year at church they had a mother-daughter day where you were invited to bring in something you did together as mother and daughter. We bought a toy car that looked exactly like my car, painted it the same colors as we had hand-painted my car, and brought that in. Step-mommy says we also put a big bow on my car and pointed out the window when people didn't understand.


____LOVE SONG OF THE DAYS____

Love confusion from the classic Rumors album...


Dracula falls in love... "my heartbeat is a slow one, but I'm terrified of you"


3 comments:

Robena Grant said...

Thanks for the Fleetwood Mac. : )

widdershins said...

'Rumours' was the first evah LP I bought ... actually I think it was a cassette tape!

... any pics of the Armidala outfit?

London Mabel said...

The Amidala clothes are back in Montreal.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}