QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more


I was looking up this song (see down below) to send to my dad, cause I think he'd really like the band. And then I realized--ahh, perfect for our Love Song a Day project.

Why I'm enjoying Mumford & Sons:

1. I love bluegrass, and it's like bluegrass on steroids by way of London. They draw their sound from Appalachian folk music, which we all love, right?

2. I enjoy that bombastic Arcade Fire sound, and this is similar.

3. The lead singer, Mumford, sings with such passion and energy and emotion! And judging by the live video, looks like they're all pretty into it.

4. Poetic lyrics, with lots of Shakespeare and God and big feelings.

Love; it will not betray you
Dismay or enslave you, it will set you free
Be more like the man you were made to be



Song of the Day for yesterday: The original inspiration, as performed by Emma Thompson!

   

6 comments:

Robena Grant said...

Oh, I adore Mumford & Sons. After hearing and watching them perform at the Grammy's I decided I needed a CD of theirs for the next car trip. I have it on my shopping list because next trip is soon. Like you, I was swept up by the passion of each of the artists.

widdershins said...

*sighs* Emma Thompson!

London Mabel said...

@Robena - They're nice for the car, give you interesting things to listen to, and best when played loud! Enjoy your next ride.

@widders - Oh yes, Emma is very sigh-able. SO talented, beautiful, funny... SIGH.

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Love the Mumford and Sons. I'll have to check them out.
Also loved that scene from Much Ado About Nothing.
Sometime if you can bear to wonder into light erotica territory, read Erin McCarthy's Hard and Fast. It is my favorite of her Fast Track series. Spoilering a little but the main male character, Nascar driver Tye, is dyslexic and can't read. Main, female charcter, Imogen is a college professor. He 'reads' Much Ado About Nothing for her. It is prominent in the plot. I love that book because both of the lead characters are just fabulous.

London Mabel said...

@JJJ - SOunds good, I'll keep it in mind.

Kris said...

I have big love for Mumford and Sons. Nice choice :-)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}