QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, February 15, 2013

Lookin' good

One thing American Idol (and other talent shows) has been good for is generally favoring talent over appearance. Yes, at the end of the day, the winner on Am Idol is often a boy that half the viewers have a crush on; but even then, they often aren't that hottie. They just become hottier as we get to know them and their talent. Cause I have a theory that you can find anyone attractive if you see them doing something they're good at.























____LOVE SONG OF THE DAY____

A song I only knew because it was covered on Am Idol. I love the line "steal all my records." It sounds like... the biggest crime you could commit against a music lover.

Come pick me up
Take me out
Fuck me up
Steal all my records
    

4 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Never got into am idol. I do like that song Home by Phillip Phillips, though.

Robena Grant said...

I was addicted to Am Idol for years, then as it started to switch up on judges I lost the connection. In the meantime, I connected with The Voice, and now it's my addiction. : )
Love today's song. And I agree that people become attractive when they're showing their passion for what they love most.

widdershins said...

SYTYCD is my drug of choice. Same thing goes though.

London Mabel said...

@JJJ - Have you tried Mumford and Sons? That's the kind of sound they have.

@Robena - Yeah I was with Idol from first season, but eventually wandered away. Voice is so much better. Though if I had TV I would watch some this season so I could see Nicki!

@widders - I watch it when I'm at my mum's. And I agree, you see the strangest people with brilliant ideas and skills. GREAT show.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}