QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, February 11, 2013

A car's balanced diet: Oil, gas, water, and loud music

Have I told you about Flaky yet? My new-old 2001 Sunfire Pontiac? My parents helped me find and adopt her a couple weeks ago. One of the great musical joys of life is playing music while driving. You know... how like you take a detour on the way home cause you're listening to a great song?

Her name was Snowflake, so I call her Flakey (since I am.) I've been burning her CD's because... the car... she must be fed.

Fed music.

In related news, I'm living with my parents, I have a car, and am having long conversations on the phone with Fernando. I have apparently time traveled to 1993.

For Sunday and Monday's love songs, here are two from Flakey's playlists:

Prince - Nothing Compares 2 U... The Beautiful Ones... How Come You Don't Call Me ...he pens great heartbreak songs. This one's from 1999.

You think you're special? Well so do I 
Why do special women make me cry?


Nicki Minaj's - My fave lines are "And for your lovin' imma die hard like Bruce Willis" and "S on my chest cause I am ready to save him." (But if Nicki had listened a little harder in class she'd be alive by the end. #hotforteacher) Flakey loves this one cause the bass line outsings the other cars. (She longs to be that annoying car at the traffic light whose music drowns out your conversation, but she'll have to wait til summer.)


    

7 comments:

Skye said...

Flakey sounds like an interesting car. Glad you are keeping her fed with music.

Robena Grant said...

Thought of you when Prince came out onto the stage at the Grammy Awards last night. ; )

Judy, Judy, Judy said...

I love listening to loud music in the car. Unfortunately the radio stations here suck and I have a cassette deck in my car and no cassettes. Sometimes I do the ipod thing but it's not the same.

This really made me laugh:
"In related news, I'm living with my parents, I have a car, and am having long conversations on the phone with Fernando. I have apparently time traveled to 1993."

Simone said...

I'm living with my parents, I have a car, and am having long conversations on the phone with Fernando. I have apparently time traveled to 1993.

HA HA HA HA HA HA Wait... we have to eat chocolate ice cream out of the carton for it to REALLY count! XOX

Simone said...

speaking of a hundred years ago, I just chucked out the remains of my CASSETTE collection. Garbage. Gone.

widdershins said...

Love the time travelin'! Funny how things cycle round, eh?

London Mabel said...

@Skye - Yes, she is a lady of mystery. I look forward to getting to know her better.

@Robena - Yay! Last night I was watching Jimmy Kimmel with Springsteen and thought of you!

@JJJ - I wish I had a cassette deck! Cause then it's cheap and easy to hook up an mp3 player. With CD, you have to use this radio transmitter thing. Huff.

@Simone - Or make a pan of chocolate cake, divide it in half, and each take one half while watching TV in bed. - Can't believe you (of all people) took so long to trash the cassettes!

@widders -It is very, very strange. Very.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}