QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, February 1, 2013

Let the love begin!

I randomly decided last week to make a little blogging challenge for myself. I'm going to post one love song every day for a year. I'll write about my usual things, and then post a love song (or break-up song, or heartbreak song, whatever.) Just for fun. And February seems a good time as it's the lurv month.

We begin with Golfrapp's A&E, inspired by an a few hours in the Accident & Emergency ward, and "a sort of metaphor for a relationship that was going horribly wrong." (The Sun)

Think I want you still
But it may be pills at work

 

4 comments:

Skye said...

That was great! Funny and kind of true. I like the artist, too, and may need to listen to some more of her work.

widdershins said...

Am I missing something here?

A&E? and did she just try to off herself?

... assistance required ...

Robena Grant said...

What a gorgeous tone she has. Velvety or chocolatey...I think I'm hungry. : )

London Mabel said...

@Skye - I was about to buy the song, and realized I already own the album. Sometimes my collection gets away from me...

@widders - I think the artist was in the "accident & emergency ward" (A&E) for whatever reason, and I guess she saw a metaphor for a relationship gone bad.

@Robena - :-)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}