QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Oliver Kitteh - Chapter Thirteen: Of the happy life Oliver led from hereon out

As told by Ms Brownlow (italic narration by Mabel).


Click here for chapters one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven and twelve.

Here it is, the moment you've all been waiting for. Next week I'll post some more pics and talk a bit about CH kitties. But for now... the reveal!

It's exhausting having to listen to all those stories about Oliver.


This is Oliver at five months. See how well he's walking now?


 During those few months between the time Oliver was three weeks old and about four months old, I spent a fair bit of time placing him on his back on my lap and then moving his little back legs straight up and down.

Because he was a busy little toddler and then a busy little person he didn't have a lot of time for this (I love that pretty much as soon as toddlers can speak sentences they seem to learn to say 'not now, I'm busy').



Also, I felt kind of self-conscious doing it, figuring anyone would think me mad if they saw me. But I felt so bad for Chloe and all she'd gone through. I knew Oliver was happy and he'd be fine so long as he had a home, even if he couldn't really get around. Still, I wanted to make things as good for him as I could. So I'd pick him up and work his little legs up and down for a few minutes once of twice a day. At first it was hard to get them into the right position; they really just wanted to move back and forth along his sides. But before long it began to get easier to get them to pump up and down. His cute little kitten legs.

When the vet saw him to neuter him at six months, even though she'd seen him a few times in his earliest months, she was amazed at the change in him. Delighted. 'Turned around 180 degrees,' she said.


Moth hunting, Christmas 2010, Oliver is 6 months old



  



"I'm glad your legs work, but can I have a turn already?!"
      

6 comments:

Judie said...

You are so wonderful to have taken the time to give Oliver a life.

'er um I mean Ms Brownlow is a wonderful person.

ladada said...

awesome!

Anonymous said...

OMG! I never expected him to progress so well. Does that mean he's physically normal now? Sure looks like it. What a wonderful spirit he has and what a wonderful Mom for spending all that time with him to get him where he's now at. Yahoo!!!

CiCi

widdershins said...

What a handsome lad he grew up to be ... but I shall miss our Oliver updates.

London Mabel said...

Isn't it amazing? My online friendship with Mrs Brownlow started because I wanted to hear more about her kitty rehab--and man was I impressed. And she's a wonderful person to have gotten to know.

I'll give more of her update on him next week, but he's mostly fine now. Can jump super high etc!

sbobet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}