QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, December 26, 2011

Best books I read this year

Here's the list! In the coming days I'll post more info about them.

The Imperfectionists by Tom Rachman

Un petit pas pour l'homme by Stéphane Dompierre

Fun Home by Alison Bechdel

Burma by Guy Delisle

Aya 3 The Secrets Come Out by Marguerite Abouet
Ice Haven by Daniel Clowes

Paul series by Michel Rabagliati

Aunts Aren't Gentlemen by PG Wodehouse

A Little Ray of Sunshine by Lani Diane Rich

Friday's Child by Georgette Heyer
Hold Me Tight by Sue Johnson

Writing the Other by Nisi Shawl and Cynthia Ward

Forest for the Trees by Betsy Lerner

Writing the Romantic Comedy by Billy Mernit
      

4 comments:

widdershins said...

What an beautiful collection of cover art!

Judie said...

Awesome - I'm interested in hearing more about the books.

BarbN said...

great list-- thanks for the suggestions, since I've only read Little Ray of Sunshine. I have Friday's Child on my kindle, but haven't read it yet!

London Mabel said...

I'm always trying to *make* other people join goodreads and post what they're reading. This inquiring mind wants to know! :-)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}