QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Stoopid Comments

You don't have to read this... basically it's an article about new regulations for Canadian airlines in re. mediating between customers with allergies, and those transporting cats.

What's stupid is allll the comments. Every single one of them either says

- cats should travel with luggage

or

- allergic humans shouldn't fly.

What I HATE about this, is that the whole article is about compromise!! No one's regulated either of these extremes--no group has been told to eff off and die. They came up with a couple of reasonable solutions, and welcomed the airlines to find others.

So why is there a need to get on the comments section and fight?! Both sides in the comments sound RIDICULOUS.

This must say something about the kind of people who, by and large, comment on news items. Like maybe... they don't even read the articles!

5 comments:

Judie said...

I could never understand how they thought it was okay to put a live critter in the cargo hold of a plane. Have you ever traveled overnight and had a window seat. It gets COLD and that's in the heated cabin.

I can appreciate cat alergies. If my aunt was around a cat hair she'd swell up like nobody's business, but still. There has got to be a better solution to the problem than just the extreems.

And more to the point of your blog. Sometimes I think people make comments just because they can... unlike me whose coments are always, um thoughtful and never, ever stoopid. ;)

skye said...

What Judie said.

And what you said.

Stoopid should be painful. Really, really painful.

London Mabel said...

I shipped Haley out here by cargo--either the airline at that time didn't allow cats, or it was cause I fly standby, I forget. They heat the luggage compartment, and if there's a bottle of water and a dish the crew will give your critter water. But there are risks. First, if someone opens the cage and loses your cat! And second, well it's just scary! When we had to ship out my childhood cat, he had a little cut on his paw, from the cage door!

So if everyone can ride upstairs, all the better!

But I must say Haley was very calm when we picked her up. She loves adventure.

widdershins said...

S'funny how the strangest things will set off a comment-war!

lora96 said...

I don't think any live creature should have to ride in a cargo hold. I'm allergic to cats. I'll take a benadryl. Jeez people say the most unreasonable things online!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}