QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, December 15, 2011

It's not Christmas until ... ?

Many moons ago, for a few years, my mother lived with her great-uncle--and I spent a couple pleasant Christmases visiting there. During one of these I said to my mother, as a Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers Christmas video came on TV: It's not Christmas until we hear Dolly and Kenny.

But without a video channel playing in the background, how can I now mark the start of the festive season? Well this evening I remembered: It's no Christmas until I've laughed at Bob Dylan's Christmas album.

It's become such a tradition with me, I may have to buy a couple tracks one year. But in the meantime... there's youtube.



Now if this cheered you up, just you hope I can successfully upload some tracks from the Symphonic cover album of Purple Rain I sampled this week. Tears were rolling down my face.

        

1 comment:

gmc said...

Oh Deck Them Halls with Matzoh Balls! The season has begun!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}