QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, January 23, 2012

80s Icons: The Pointer Sisters

I loved loved loved The Pointer Sisters when I was a teenager. The first album I bought was a best of, which I completely wore out. You gotta love a girl group with a bass singer (Ruth Pointer)! And they wore the most Height of Fashion (and therefore awesomely silly) matching outfits.
The balloon pants in this video were my favorite.

Check out Ruth's combo of voluminous white jacket, sparkly bra, green shorts, yellow gloves, and blue ankle socks. The 80s were a fine time to be alive, my friends.

This was my favorite video. I dressed this way for the Halloween dance one year, in my grandfather's tuxedo.



 





  

  




       

3 comments:

widdershins said...

Oh my! The hair, the hair, the hair!

Judie said...

It is fun to see the outfits and yes, the hair, oh my the hair ;)

London Mabel said...

Some kinds of big hair I dislike (early nineties, that bump in the front!) But 80s big hair is awesome.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}