QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, January 30, 2012

Buffeted About

I think my novel is finally moving. I think I worked through the blocks and plot obstacles and it's gonna flow now. PHEE-YEW.
And now for a Comments Interlude:

The Story




The Comments




 [CBC]

4 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Considering how most of them got their money - they could pay a lot of it in taxes.
I hate to think that way but I just watched a thing on how Trump trampled over all the locals, forcing them off properties they've held for generations, to build a damn golf course in Scotland (or maybe it was Ireland, not sure.) Evil Selfish jackass.

widdershins said...

Big congrats on the novel breakthrough!!!!

London Mabel said...

@JJJ Indeed. That was why I liked the allusion to the Depression Era song.

@widder Merci!

gmc said...

It's too bad that the tax system has become a tool of social engineering. I'm not opposed to the flat tax just for simplicity if nothing else. Then at least the uber rich at least pay the same tax rate as everyone else.

Creating the crazy complex system we have now, with all the loopholes and tax credits and rebates yadda yadda yadda, not only makes it way to hard, but instantly puts the average taxpayer at a disadvantage, not having a gang of consultants, lawyers and accountants to massage the numbers.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}