QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Thursday, January 12, 2012

You shine the most bright

Robena-Betty recently wrote a wonderful post at the Bettyverse:

"By letting go of preconceived notions of what life should be, or how you think you should behave, and acknowledging what is, you will find a peace and contentment that is soul satisfying. That is when you’ll be able to say I’m happy in my own skin. You’ll be free to embrace your awesomeness despite your early upbringing, negative messages, physical abuse, past disappointments, rejections, illnesses, hair color, big nose, shape of your face, freckles, acne, skinny legs, chubbiness, thinness, fat ass or muffin top, and you will finally be free to celebrate life. None of those other things matter, fretting about them is a meaningless use of valuable energy. What matters is accepting, and being, your authentic self.
Let your light shine. Love yourself. You are awesome!"
Read her list of 7 Ways to Be Awesome.

And here's an Annie Lennox song to go with the sentiment. It always makes me think of my husband, Fernando.
A constellation once seen
Over royal David's city
An epiphany, you burn so pretty
Ya you are a shining light



        

4 comments:

Robena Grant said...

THANK YOU! Yes, I know I'm shouting. : ) But what a surprise.

I was doing my quick blog round prior to going to Curves to work out and saw this. Most days I don't get to blogs until later in the day. Anyway, you've put a smile of gratitude on my face, lifted my energy level, and made my day. But I still have to go work out.

Also, I love the choice of music.

BarbN said...

good excuse to go back and re-read Robena's post-- and great music! thanks!

London Mabel said...

You're a great writer Robena!

Glad you both liked the song. :-)

London Mabel said...

:-)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}