QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, January 2, 2012

Fernando: NDP

We all have our favorite movies that we like to watch over and over. But my husband doesn't really put on DVDs, he just watches, over and over, certain movies that pass on TV, over and over. Which means it's a constant battle to change the channel away from these damned movies!

So here's a list of the ones I could think of offhand. I asked my husband why he likes them so much. His answers are below each title.

Mr and Mrs Smith
Mr and Mrs Smith is awesome.

Any Transformers movie
- Transformers are awesome.

I, Robot
- I, Robot is awesome.

Any Stargate movie
- Stargate is awesome.

Any Bourne movie
- Bourne is awesome.

Starship Troopers
- Starship Troopers rule.

He's not especially in love with the shoot-em-up aspect, I believe, but of the science fiction. He'll watch ANY show on the Space network, unless it's creepy. So I don't really know how the Smith and Bourne movies fit in. They just do. And that's Fernando in a nutshell... No Discernible Pattern.
    
 PS - In the comments widdershins said she was hoping for a photo of Young Fernando. Here's a picture of both of us, at the same church event (some kind of supper which clearly involved table waiting, maybe for seniors). As I had that haircut in grade 11, I'd say we were 16-17 years old.

We were only friends at the time, but I had a crush on him from the time we met, at age 15. (We're now 38 [moi] and 39 [him.]) (Swissgirl will correct me if I got my age wrong.)




7 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Fernando sounds low maintenance. That can be very restful in a companion.

widdershins said...

And there I was thinking you'd posted a photo of Fernando as a youngster!

Simone said...

I agree with Judy. Low Maintenance is THE BEST!

London Mabel said...

widder - Why, what does NDP stand for besides New Democratic Party? I've dug up a teen photo for you, I'll post it.

JJJ and Simone - I read that to Fernando and he said "You can tell Judy I am NOT low maintenance." And I replied "You used to be low maintenance and now you no longer wish to be considered low maintenance. That's our whole problem! You want diamonds and flowers now." And he said, "Yes, tell her not to spread the rumour that I'm low maintenance."

However... in the matter of movies, he is actually low maintenance. He'll watch almost anything. :-)

Simone said...

Ages all correct. I TOTALLY remember him looking like this... where does the time go?

We are watching Billy Elliot now, again. That's one of my huband's favourite repeat-movies.

widdershins said...

Awwww!

nancy said...

Well, Bourne IS awesome. Fernando is absolutely right: nothing more need be said.
And you two are SO cute!!!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}