QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Reading is Delightful

Writing this Sat at 6 am. Have to get up at noon for a pahty, but tossed and turned, and finally got a book out. Still no sleepies, so brought book to kitchen for oatmeal.

And I want to say: There is something so wonderful about sitting in a quiet room in the middle of the night, reading a book, and having a snack. It's one of the greatest pleasures in the world.

I remember my mother once saying that she stayed up all night reading Princess Daisy (I think!) in our empty house the last night before moving away.

When I was in my early teens I used to illegally read my Scott O'Dell novels under the blanket, by the green light of my clock radio. Possibly I snuck in crackers.

Naturally my teen novel has just hit a twist, now making it impossible to put down! ...Life isn't perfect, but it has its' moments.

2 comments:

Robena Grant said...

I love reading and I love oatmeal, so I'm right there with you. : )

London Mabel said...

Yay company!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}