QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Comedy Break

I don't like a lot of sketch comedy--I can't sit through an hour just waiting for one funny skit. I am, however, going to try out Key and Peele which is coming to the Canadian and US comedy networks this month. Here's the ad they've been showing: (it's under a minute)



It makes me laugh every time. These guys were apparently on MadTV, and the funniest part of it.

And here's their Gordon Ramsay imitation, it's spot on:


Presumably SNL in its heyday was the sh*t...


As well as Monty Python (ever seen the Nigerian scammer version of the Dead Parrot skit?)


I watched Kids in the Hall, which was consistently funny...


I watched all of Little Britain (though I haven't seen their American one), and my favorite sketch comedy show ever is The Chappelle Show. Almost every single skit on Chappelle was quality. I'll post some LB and Chappelle another time.
   

5 comments:

widdershins said...

Kay & Peele look like a scream!

London Mabel said...

I love how the music keeps shifting during the Kitchen Nightmare one. la la la DUM DUM DUM! la la la

Delia said...

Kay & Peele looks hilarious. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Anonymous said...

That was really sick! But in the sick-means-good wayyy! budda bump! After one of those skits I was caught in the "more related videos" and actually found these news anchor bloopers funny... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KNpn-XGM04

ladada

London Mabel said...

Thank heavens for humor.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}