QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, March 4, 2013

But... I need a new pool

Oh my days, Kanye's been ranting again. Taking aim at Justin Timberlake, Jay-Z, and I guess (indirectly) Beyoncé for some really big beverage deals they just made (Pepsi and Bud.)

""Please corporations? Can you please support me, Please? Me, Kanye West? I swear I'm a nice n---a now. I swear I'll put the pink polo back on. I swear to you. Please? Just for three million dollars. I need it so bad. I need a new pool in my back yard. So I'll tell all my fans your s--- is cool. And if they believe in me they should also believe in you ."

Thing is... I don't think he's off base for making this kind of critique. He's an artist--showing disgust with the marriage of commerce and music is hardly shocking. And he did it at his own concert, not in an "imma" moment. (Though, in related news, I don't think he's an asshole--I think he's just a bit nuts. Like Prince.)

But, seriously, he could be finding better ways to express this shit. At the tamest, you go on some radio show and talk it out. If you want to be more artistic, then you use your talents. You write a song about it...

 

Or an impromptu rap, like the time Eminem went after Mariah Carey and her husband with a rap that put an end to the public feud. Hip hop is the one field where trashing other people is a time-honored and legit method of expression!

Kanye has more talent in his wee finger than most artists on the radio, so srsly... next time you're pissed about something, Kanye, channel it.
  
____LOVE SONG OF THE DAY____

I don't care what none of y'all say
I still love her

2 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

i love when you post like this cause it gives me an insight into the music world that i wouldn't have otherwise.

London Mabel said...

Kanye would make a great character. Well he IS a great character.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}