QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Monday, March 11, 2013

Questionés!

I've been nominated for two bloggy awards! First was from Judy, Judy, Judy...


And now this one from Skye.


Thank-you my darlings!

I'm not very good about following the rules of these awards, but I'll answer Skye's questions and we can take that as Telling Us Things About Yourself that both rewards require.
  1. If you could go anywhere in the world for a long visit, say three to six months, where would you go? Probably London. Unless I wanted a really novel experience, in which case maybe Botswana! 
  2. What's your favorite kind of movie to watch?  Comedies with interesting characters, and I love a romance plot in there somewhere.
  3. If money were no object, what kind of home would you have? I like the craftsman home on the show numb3rs. Or something from the 1920s.
  4. Have you ever wanted to be in movies or on TV? No.
  5. What is your dream job? Writing fiction novels... when not depressed.
  6. Do you prefer to wear dresses/skirts or pants? No preference, but pants are more practical.
  7. What is your favorite kind of weather? Those first sunny days in spring, or early summer!
  8. Do you like to work with your hands? If so, doing what? I'm not good at it, but sometimes enjoy crafts (scrapbooking, collage) and am learning how to sew and crochet. I think it's healthy to do something physical, since I tend toward the intellectual.
  9. Do you prefer to drive or be driven? No preference.
  10. What's the weirdest thing you've ever done? Have conversations with my stuffed cat? It's hard to reply cause a lot of the things I do, others think are weird, but I think are normal. So I don't notice them.
  11. Do you prefer to shop at stores, through catalogs, or over the internet? Depends on the day.

____LOVE SONGS OF THE DAYS (Sunday & Monday) ____

Question songs!

The uncertainty of how the other person feels is the main tension that drives love stories. "A Lover's Question" embodies that, and I like it as a duet. The uncertainty on both sides. Who'll admit their love first?


I was never told about the sorrow


_____
* That is to say, the Bee Gees.

2 comments:

Robena Grant said...

That was interesting. Now I know more about you. : ) But drat, I can't get the song out of head. I always loved it but had forgotten it...until now. I saw my first love recently (from high school.) I'm now inches taller than he is and I couldn't remember him being so slight of build. Heh heh.

Simone said...

CONGRATS!!! I still read every day :)

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}