QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, March 8, 2013

Since you abandoned me...

(DEVASTATED) LOVE SONGS OF THE DAY - THURSDAY & FRIDAY

I recently wrote about songs that we associate with heart break, and two of my froggies shared theirs'. So I thought I'd add them to our 365 list! Interestingly they're both from the 90s. I remember riding around in my first car, listening to both albums.

First up is Sunshine Betty's: "Nothing Compares 2 U". Here's a lovely live version:

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling
Tell me baby where did I go wrong



It was written, as we all know, by my boyfriend--originally given to one of Prince's toy bands, The Family.  And here's Prince singing it, with a kick ass solo by Candy Dulfer.

That old Sinead album was really good. Remember The Emperor's New Clothes?


NEXT! Widdershin's pick...

Oh my days did I love Annie Lennox when I was a teen. I wanted to BE her. By the time Diva came out I was my own woman ;-) but I still loved driving around belting out these songs.

Take me from the wreckage
Save me from the blast
Lift me up and take me back
Don't let me keep on walking
I can't keep on walking on broken glass

    
Another great album. Also loved "These are the fears, this is the dread, these are the contents of my head" and   "I believe that love alone might do these things for you..."
     

1 comment:

widdershins said...

Sinead and Annie - oh the angst.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}