QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

I ooonly have eeeyes fooor crocheeeeet

Here's my sewing stuff:

The big under-bed tupperware. I'm not letting myself buy anything that won't fit into the bin. If the bin is full, then no more fabric!

Ironing board, step-mommy's travel iron. Computer on floor by sewing table, so I can watch Arrested Development, or Psych, or The IT Crowd...
  

My machine matches my room! I bought little golden table cloths to hide the ugly table and chair (for house selling), and a dollar store box for my "notions."

Scarf I'll do... something... with. Fingerless gloves?

Table cloth with cheerful checked pattern. To make... something... with.

Embroidery thread.

This pattern goes into plus sizes! They're recreations of a 1960s pattern set, which they show in the inset.

 Cute eh? And even when I was thinner I had trouble buying real vintage clothes, cause of my height and broad shoulders. But now I can make my own! Well... not now... I have to get better first.

Don't ask me why I had to buy these whale pajamas. No idea what I'm going to do with it.

Pretty border, maybe for Fernando's wallet.

Pretty checked pieces Mme Miroir gave me.

A bag of old furs that Mme Miroir gave me, to make the cats some toys. But I have to figure out how to get the moth smell out first.

Fabric samples Step-mommy gave me.

One of my first crochet attempts. ...It wasn't supposed to be triangular.


____LOVE SONG OF THE DAY____

This was the only only time I felt anything for Buffy and Angel--when they were sort of taken over by two ghost lovers from the past. This song was used to great effect...

 Are the stars out tonight?
I don't know if it's cloudy or bright
I only have eyes for you


   

3 comments:

Skye said...

What wonderful fabrics you have! And you have made your space look wonderful. It's great how you have adapted to living in a single bedroom. I'll be doing that, but it will have less of my own stuff in it, unfortunately, so I hope it's very short-term.

I always loved Buffy and Angel together (except when he was evil, of course). But yes, this scene was truly amazing.

widdershins said...

it took me forever to figure out how to turn in crocheting! ... and I never got the hang of the going round and around style. I always ended up with a tube.

Buffy and Angel did get teenagey-angsty, but every now and then they really hit the mark. She and Spike had a much more complex, and watchable, relationship.

London Mabel said...

@Skye - Well, nothing in this room is mine except my little personal belongings (clothes, stuffies, sewing stuff) and those cloths I bought to put over the table and chair. It is interesting to see how much of a life you can have in a room, alright!

@widders -I'm crocheting a hat right now, simply to learn the roundy stuff, and "increasing." But I don't want to use the hat, so maybe I'll turn it into a pudgy cat or something. It's this Klutz book on crochet, it's really clear.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}