QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Oh amineko you're so fine!

I've been out of the internet loop again. I taught myself to crochet, and have been sewing and crocheting all week, while re-watching Psych and West Wing.

 I am determined to get just good enough to make amigurumi--Japanese knitted or crocheted animals. Specifically, I want to make aminekos. Cats!





(Pics from the amazon page of an amineko book.)

Here are the three love songs for Thu, Fri, Sat. In honor of crochet, the theme is "hook."

Unhook the Stars - Cyndi Lauper


Dr Hook's "When You're in Love With a Beautiful Woman"


And this very strange "Hooked on a Feeling" by The Hoff.

2 comments:

widdershins said...

Those kittehs look like wonderful inspirationz!

Skye said...

Amigurumi creatures can be so cute! Especially the littlest ones. I haven't tried making any yet, but perhaps I haven't found the right pattern yet.

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}