QUOTE OF THE NOW

"Our life evokes our character. You find out more about yourself as you go on. That's why it's good to be able to put yourself in situations that will evoke your higher nature rather than your lower. 'Lead us not into temptation.'" Joseph Campbell

Friday, March 22, 2013

Sew in looove

Time to show you my sewing projects!

#1 - Car Lights Reminder - Based on something my mother made back when cars didn't turn the lights on and off automatically, and by law you needed daytime lights. My current car does turn on and off the daytime lights, automatically, but it doesn't do so with the nighttime ones. So to be safe I made this little doo-dad from a scarf. It hangs on the light switch; when I turn on the lights I put one end on my door handle. So if I try to leave the car without turning off the lights, I'll put my hand on the doo-dad and be reminded.
 

#2 - Coat Alterations - This is my crazy cow coat that I got at work, but it was very pear shaped looking on me. So I added shoulder pads, and I removed the pockets which were right on my hips; and now it looks better.

 


____LOVE SONG OF THE DAY____

In honor of my parents' house being back on the market, here's "Love for Sale."

I think this Shirley Horn version is the best--strikes the right note, between seductive and resigned.


But I've always liked this strange ragtime Manhatten Transfer version:


And then there's always...


Best album cover evah...

4 comments:

Judy,Judy,Judy. said...

Clever doo dad.
It must be sais that cow coat looks fabulous on you!

Skye said...

I love the cow coat! It looks terrific on you.

I don't need a doo dad to remind me about my car lights. My current car was my mother's, and newer than any of my previous cars, so it has a little chime that reminds me the lights are on if I open the car door. (My previous 3 cars didn't need the chimes because they were Subarus and the lights go off when the ignition is turned off!) But your doo dad is very clever and looks like it works quite well.

widdershins said...

Doo-dad - ingenious

Cow coat - very elegant

Cover art - whole lotta skin! - gorgeous. Boney M sure could rock that bling.

London Mabel said...

Thank-you!

Reading

Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love
Les années douces : Volume 1
Back on the Rez
My Stroke of Insight: A Brain Scientist's Personal Journey
Stupeur et tremblements
}